Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Cathy

Today our card group is celebrating the birthday of a very special lady.  Without her our group would miss her smiling face, her positive attitude and her subtle sense of humor.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHY!

This is the card I made for her.  I've got to say, Blue Fern is a paper company that PSB introduced me to and I am so glad Karen brought these lovely papers to her shop.  I'm on a cutting spree, and these papers are perfect with tons of flowers.  I cut the lamp post for this card that is 6x6.  It was too long, so I simply removed the center section of the pole and the post fits perfectly.  A bit of die cutting, dry embossing and the front of this card is complete.  I have to say, Memory Box created a fantastic die Distressed Babtisia Collage and it added the perfect touch to the top left and bottom right corner of this card.  I mounted the layers to a white 6x12 base.


I used another of the Distressed Babitisia Collage dies (there are 4 in the set) to create the inside.  I wanted the computer generated sentiment portion to follow the same shape, so I cut it again in coordinating paper, but a bit smaller this time. Then I trimmed away the decorate pieces to leave what looks like a torn piece.  I made a bit of a mistake, so I covered it with the layered signature.  Added more cut flowers and this card is finished.

Off I go for a day of play,  Until next time.....Happy crafting and Hugs from me to you,
Mary Mac
AKA:  Glitter Grammy

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning card. Your friend will love it.

    Hope you've had a good day. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!