Friday, October 3, 2014

Celebrating World Card Making Day and Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Today is a celebration that bring we cardmakers together.  For those who are new to card making, it is "World Cardmaking Day"  I know that men make cards too, however, most of the friends I've made are women. Honestly men, I don't mean to leave you out.  This brings me to another point.  October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Thus this card.  Too many of my friends(women and men) have met this and other cancers head on.  While making this card, I thought of each and every one of them. 

In 2014 many advancements have been made, but until there is a cure and  Breast Cancer is just a page in a medical journal, we all will fight the fight, be it as fund raisers, working in the medical profession, as care givers or doing what most of us will do, stand by the side of a friend. 

I hope you have time to celebrate "World Cardmaking Day" by making a card.  If you do, please leave a comment on my blog page so I can see what you have created. 

By now you know me and you know a card isn't finished until the inside is done...so, here's what the inside looks like.  Pretty easy really, using up pieces left from making the outside.


Off I go, Happy World Card Making Day and Happy Celebrating the strides made in finding a cure for Breast Cancer.  I pray your awareness will encourage you and your friends to get mammograms and if there is family history, don't wait.  I have to tell you, the new mammograms are vastly improved, certainly not scary, mildly uncomfortable, mostly because of the twisting to get a good photo of the ladies.  But worth the brief inconvenience.  Get going girls, the ladies will thank you!

Until next time....Hugs from Northern California,
Mary Mac
AKA:  GlitterGrammy



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, What a fab post and a beautiful card.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary............Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!