Thursday, September 12, 2013

Birthday, The Girls, WOYWW and Pixie's Crafty Workshop

Whew....I am plain tuckered out this week.   A bit ago, I looked over at my dog and this is a photo of exactly how I am feeling this week.....He's probably tired for walking from one side of the couch, to this favorite spot with his blanket and pillow...
On the upside, I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.....Today I actually got to finish up a card I started last night.....It's a week late, I hope he will understand.  Here's what I made.  I used up a few snippets on this one.  Those of you who play along with Di at Pixie's Crafty Workshop will know what I mean when I say snippets.  Check it out.....I know you'll love playing along. 
I think the fact that I started making this card on 9-11, the patriotic colors came into play.  I also needed something that was pretty quick to make, and this card was just that.  Here's the simple inside and you couldn't get any quicker than this.....

I'm happy.....being in a hurry, I'd forgotten to take a photo of my work desk, so, this morning I ran in to snap this.  Looks pretty much the same way today as yesterday.  If you are wondering what in the world would make me want to show my messy desk....check it out over at Stamping Ground.  And play along.  You will meet lots of creative people there.  And Miss Julia, she's always got something going on in her life.  I wonder how she finds time to do all she does!
Nothing too exciting.  Well, there is the new envelope maker that is the easiest I've ever used.  Trust me, I've purchased and used many.....The Envelope Punch by We Are MemoryKeepers.  It's the best.  I can't imagine improving on this one! 

Ok, Last month I had a birthday, and my craft buddies created the most beautiful cards.  There is little I can say other than each is beautiful and will be cherished forever.  I hope the girls don't mind, I am going to post each.....

Virginia made:
Dee Dee made:
Mary Jane made:
Brenda made:
Cathy made:
Carolyn  made:

 
 Rita made:

Aren't they all beautiful?  I think so.  I have such talented friends!  They make birthdays sooooo very special!

For now.....I shall move on to maybe cleaning up my mess....note:  I said maybe!

Happy Crafting.....and Hugs,








10 comments:

  1. Mom, how pretty! The collection of birthday cards made by your friends is lovely! All so very different, and unique. How fun! Love Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, how pretty! The collection of birthday cards made by your friends is lovely! All so very different, and unique. How fun! Love Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The envelope thingy looks interesting...Will have to check it out!

    Your cards are beautiful...So many beautiful ones and so varied in their designs!
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Wish Big card Mary. Your desk looks, er, CREATIVE! I LOVE the look of the WRMK envelope punch thingy (SU are bringing one out shortly - obviously made by WRMK!) - I have my eye on it!

    Belated birthday wishes going your way. Your talentend friends have made you some gorgeous cards.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dog looks like I feel today! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughing at Sarn's remark - wonder if she's flat out like that in the office?

    LOVE you snippets card Mary, and belated Birthday wishes to you! Some gorgeous card from your crafty friends, I was blown away by those I got yesterday too :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary Mae, I love the photo of your puppy and the ones of all your lovely birthday cards! :) I would love to know where the image came from that Brenda used. :) What a great title for your Blog! I felt right at home here. See your next week.
    Sharon
    #129

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthdays wishes! Fab cards from your crafty friends, too. Hugs and a late Happy WOYWW! Nan G #92

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy birthday to you Mary, your cards from your friends are stunning. I've seen that envelope maker and my thoughts were along the line of "yet another one on the market that won't work!". Glad to hear it's a good one though. Love your pup, I feel like that myself some times, lol!

    Hugs
    Brenda 16

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday, Mary! Love the cards all your friends made. They are very talented. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
    DebbieK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!