Sunday, January 20, 2013

Face Time Crafting

Today was a fun day with my buddy Dee Dee.  She lives about 1100  miles from me and via Face Time, using our Ipads, we crafted together.  She taught me to make this card.
Gotta love the Internet.  We both have the Spellbinder nested hearts. That made playing together easy.  I've made many easel cards, but never in the shape of a heart, thanks Dee Dee for this fun shaped card.   I have another lovely lady to thank.  Several months ago Di shared several very sweet heart doilies.  I've been waiting for the perfect time to use one of them.  Check out Di's blog here.  This was the perfect time.  Making a card with a friend, even if that friend is miles and miles away, is always such fun.  We spent hours crafting and laughing.  She even stuck with me as I prepared dinner.  Hmmm, I wonder where she went when it came time to clean my craft room and wash up the dishes!  Dee Dee thanks for sharing a Sunday afternoon with me, and Di, thanks for the doilies.  I know I'll be using a few more before Valentines day...

Tomorrow it's crafty Monday with the girls.  I guess I should be packing my goodies.  I just might be showing off my newly learned card....until later. 

Update:  Yikes, I almost forgot to mention the snippets I used.  The card base was pulled from the red folder.  Every last snip of this was used.  The final bits are under the flowers.  I'd forgotten to add my ribbon, so I made a bit of a change and using a border punch punched this red piece.  The flowers, were from a small piece of ribbon that I remember wondering why I was saving such a small piece.  The white base and white heart were cut from pieces left over from making my February card class.  And the little glitter hearts are from a piece left laying on my desk....Of course you already  know the doily was a gift.  I'm going to head over to Di's blog page and link my card there.  BTW...Di, I did read about your run in with the hot glue gun.  See....we read to the bottom of the page.... :-) 

Happy Crafting, See you soon!
Mary

4 comments:

  1. This is just brilliant Mary! A gorgeous result and what a fun way to share time crafting :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fancy heart easel Mary.

    Yeah . . . I saw that Di needed a plaster too! What IS she like!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant idea, love the idea of crafting via face time. My crafty friends and I had a virtual craft day on Sunday but we did it via email think I will suggest face time next time though. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant and gorgeous card, I love the colour combination.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!