Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Devil Won

Now isn't that a title....here's the story.  I've been fighting the urge to purchase the Spectrum Noir pens.  The little devil on my shoulder thinks I REALLY, REALLY need them and the Angel says, Use the pens you have, you know you love them.....(which by the way I love my Tombow pens), however......This is what I made with my Spectrum Noir pens...
The devil won by convincing me that I needed them, more than wanted them and I did have that coupon in my purse.  So, I purchased several sets of 6 only to find out that there were 4 more sets of 24 that I NEEDED too.  Merry Christmas to me, and Happy Birthday, Happy New Year, etc.....

I love to color, I have since I was a child.  I must say,  the devil really didn't have a lot of work to do to talk me into this purchase.  I do hope I spend many hours this winter coloring. 
I do like how vibrant the colors are, there is, for me at least, going to be a learning curve.  I'm used to blending and shading water colors and this is a bit different, but fun.  The rubber stamp is All Night Media and it's an oldie from 1996,  it's name:  Stained Glass Poinsettia #602J.  I'm thinking about doing this again, stamping in gold and heat embossing.  If this becomes more than a thought, I'll share a photo. 

I'm going to head on over to the playground and see if Di is working on the tree house and have a round or two of dodge ball with the others.  It is Sunday, so I shall be very careful not to ruin my Sunday best!  If you have no idea of what I speak, check out Di's Crafty Workshop.  I'm hoping that many more friends come to play.  There's a new tree house being built, the playground is full of silly "children" and a  two lovely chickens.  This week a new "kid" came to play, check out her blog and see what she brought to share.  Welcome Kate

I have to tell a short story about a missing stamp.  I spent hours ( and I mean many hours) over the past week fretting while looking for it, and during this process, I did manage to clean up a few areas that were in serious need.  After going through the trash bin, and not locating the stamp and nearly giving up, I went to the stamp drawer to pull out a stamp to color....guess what I found.  You're right, the missing stamp.  Who knew I'd find it in the proper place.  Geez!  Does this tell you I don't often put my toys away!  I'm glad it's returned to the fold! 

Off to play I go.  Busy week ahead.....Saturday is Karen's big anniversary crop and I need to get things ready to play.....With a little luck I may actually finish a project there.  I must admit there will be many wonderful distractions, friends I've not seen in awhile, lots of new items for sale....food and lots of laughing.  Probably more laughing than crafting.  If you want to see her shop, check it out here.  Lots of beautiful items that's for sure. 

I guess this will be the last post in September....where does the time go?  It's just flying by!  I'm hoping to post the photos for my October class...Maybe tomorrow...

Have a crafty week, hugs from me to you...
Mary
AKA: Glitter Grammy

 

3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS stained glass window card here Mary.

    Have fun playing with your SN pens . . . not sure about heat embossed images and alcohol pens . . . my Promarkers "eat" my black embossed edges and make smudges. Love to know how you get on with embossing and the SN pens.

    Have a great week.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Mary - adore those really vibrant colours! Happy crafting :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary, I am sure your much needed purchases will be put to lots of work. A wonderful stamp and colouring - I can see this on parchment paper. Have a good game of dodgeball. :-) Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!