Friday, June 29, 2012

Congratulations Amy and Linn

Congrats to Amy and Linn.....Amy waited a long time to find the perfect mate
and we are happy she chose Linn.  Linn welcome to our family....We love you!

Of course I made a card.....even though Amy told me, "Mom, you don't have to...."  This card was so much fun to make.  I spent a week looking at it on my desk, changing parts here and there and finally, I am happy.  Here is the card:
I purchased the tiny frame from Karen at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique.  The frame was in a package with the bird, and the corners. (I hope Karen reads this and can tell you who makes the embellishments...I don't have the packaging anymore...silly me, in an effort to consolidate all my wedding embellishments...I threw away the packaging...)  I bought the package on the off chance I could use the bird.  Well, as you can see, I used more than the bird.  It's funny the card started by making their names, using my BossKut Gazelle.  From there I wanted to use the photo frame.  My daughter is a professional photographer, so the frame and their photo would be important to her.   I've used the Spellbinder bird cage in another wedding card and I really like how it looks with flowers inside.  Then came the bird.  The little silver piece is a Memory Box - Crisp Bow die, with a heart stick pin attached.  The heart pin came from the sewing section at JoAnn's...you just never know where you'll find these little treasures.  The pearls are from Want 2 Scrap.  The punched border is a Martha Stewart border and corner punch.  And the striped background is one of my new favorite Cuttlebug embossing folders. The flowers are some I purchased from Karen.  I think I purchased every color she has and I love them.  The ribbon is also from Karen's shop.  So, now you know all about this card.  Do you want to see the envelope? 

I normally make wedding cards and put them into a box that I've also made.  This time, since the card is a stand-up card, I knew it wouldn't necessarily stay in the box, so I put it into a 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 clear box and made a band to hide the portion with their photo.  I really like how this turned out.  I think the card will be safer to transport in this box as it will be more sturdy than the card stock box I would have made.  Here's the envelope:
Now you know all about the wedding card.  What you don't know is I am writing this post on 5/29/12,  For obvious reasons I don't want the card to be seen by Amy and Linn until their wedding day.  I've never scheduled a post before.  I hope this works.  I'll be in Chicago at the time this goes live...( Actually I'll be getting my hair done) I'm trusting blogspot to post on schedule....

I'll post some wedding photos later....until then....Happy Crafting!  See you soon.

Mary
AKA: GlitterGrammy

4 comments:

  1. Hello Mary. Yep your scheduled post has come up on 29 June! What an absolutely stunning wedding card. And the envelope is fantastic too. I am sure the happy couple will be wowed by the effort and love you have put into your card to them. You can quite rightly be proud of it!
    Hugs
    Hettie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning card Mary - and what a happy couple they look too. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely stunning, I love that die

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so so pretty!! Love your card!! absolutely stunning creation. N I love the frame for the photo.im so sure your daughter would have loved it too!!
    Hugs
    Jaya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!