Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk....I'll tell you...No, I'll show you!

Happy Wednesday and for a change, I'm actually posting on Wednesday....Will wonders never cease?   Here's one of the items I'm working on:

.....and here is the desk:

If you want to see what all the creative folks are working on, pop on over to Julia's blog page and have a peek into all the craft areas. 

A little bit about the snow title.  My friend Virginia was looking for a paper she had been using on an Easter page.  Karen no longer had the paper (that's what we get for taking a class and then not doing the project immediately....that's something we are working on!)  Well, long story short, she found the paper, but on the way to finding it, she found this wonderful site that sells downloads for cutting machines.  I have the BossKut Gazelle and my machine will work for these downloads....so, we decided to purchase one, just to give it a go and see how much of a problem we would have.  Guess what....there were no problems at all, so I am going to recommend this site and also link to it so you can find it easily.  The name of the site is:  Scrapping Bug Designs and it's loaded with lovely pieces at fantastic prices.  There are a few rules, but very fair ones.  You can sell what you make.  However, they have to be completed projects made by you.  You can't sell kits.  Fair enough....And, you must give the site mention....also fair enough.  When you purchase a download it comes to you immediately.  The file I chose was a very basic one.....there are many for you over-achievers... you know who you are!  :-) 

You'll notice I'm not working on my normal work area.  I am working on my daughter and son-in-law's wedding card and I don't want them to see it.....I'll post it after the wedding. 

I'm also linking this to Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippet Challenge.  The snowman title was made completely of snippets.  My snippet bin may get a workout now that I know about Scrapping Bug Designs....

I just looked out the window and look what I saw.....I guess it must be nap time. 
I also found another nest.  It's too high in the tree for me to see into it.  I do know they are Robins and we'll just have to wait to see how many there will be. 

Well, I guess I should get working on the wedding card.  Have a most wonderful week. 
 See you soon!

Hugs to all,
Mary



10 comments:

  1. That "Snow" title is so cute.
    How funny is that squirrel, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant snowman title Mary - love it! Laughing here at the squirrel, it looks a bit like a sloth lying there :)

    You asked about rounders in the snippets playground - it's a game mostly played by girls at school and the closest I can think of is that it's a more feminine form of baseball - truly!

    We also played netball at school, not sure if your girls play that? For the chaps it would be known as basketball.

    Email on the way - ah, and the robin is so sweet.

    Love, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snow title Mary. Fab photos too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always entertaining to stop and visit you! Love your cute little snow creation! The pictures are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaawww how cute. Yep, very tuckered out. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Robin's babies. Love seeing all your photos Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the title!!! I just got your email and thought I'd drop by and check it out!!! :) Thanks for the mention! It was very nice of you. That squirrel is too darn funny!!!!
    Now I am off to follow this blog! :)
    Hugs, Chrissy ~ Scrapping Bug Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary . . . I love all your pictures but the squirrel is just hilarious.

    Belated Happy WOYWW wishes.

    Hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That snow title is lovely. Thanks for sharing your wildlife photos each one is a delight but that squirrel is hysterical. I never got to see them but I know our robins have flown the next. I can go out by the grapevine without being dive bombed again.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it summer up there? so why are you working on snow projects lol, thats what we are almost having here, its biting cold. I spy slow cooking recipes, thats also for our climate, I just a lamb dish in my slow cooker today and I took the pot outside for the night as my fridge is full and its like a fridge outside at nights lol.
    You have some cool creatures in your yard
    Bridget #12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridget, one would think it should be summer, but it's been cool here lately. Yesterday morning it was 5 degrees celsius. BRRRRR. Of course by the end of the week it's supposed to be hotter than blazes.... Seems that's how our summer has been going. Our plants don't know whether to grow or get ready for winter.... The cookbook is SlowCooker Revolution by America's Test Kitchen....it is WONDERFUL! I made a chicken curry recipe that was fantastic. Email me if you want the recipe...

      Delete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!