Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Home Again

Hello and Happy Wednesday, which of course means that Julia is giving us all the opportunity to show our work space.  If you have a minute, hop on over to see what everyone has been up to.  Check out WOYWW-152, and keep in mind the ATC exchange is coming up soon.  I need to let Julia know I'll be playing along.  I'm thinking I can also use this card in Di's Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge.  The purple paper pieces aren't snippets, but pretty much everything else was made from scraps of silver and white.  The heart was also one I've had left over from a package I purchased years ago.  I'll be more of a purist next time...I promise. 

My daughter asked if I'd make Thank You cards for those special people who are providing services.  Boy she didn't have to ask twice.  Yesterday, on  my 4 hour flight home, I was building this card mentally, you know, no sharp objects on the plane....that's really too bad too, as I used to get lots done while flying, especially on the 14 hour flights, now I write on my Ipad and dream about making cards.  So, you can now see my dream realized.  The paper I've been hoarding since 1997.  It's from Paper Pizazz and is called Hydrangeas.  The flower and the flourish are Memory Box, the sentiment is Hero Arts, the inside of the flower is Perfect Pearls.  The inside of the card has a Martha border.  So, there you have it. 

Those who follow my blog know I flew to Chicago for my daughter's shower and to see my grandson perform.  I've attached a few photos from the shower, I just noticed, I'm in none of them.  I guess when you're taking photos, you not only aren't in them, you are only taking photos from one side of the room, so none of my relatives are shown....well, one very cute little girl is my great niece.  So here we go, do you have your coffee and are you sitting in a comfy chair? 

Starting with one of the gifts I gave Amy....it's a purse, big enough for two wine glasses and a bottle of wine.  It was made by a very sweet young lady, who is working her way through college making this and many other items. Amy's soon to be hubby is a surveyor, so maps are a big part of his life.  Rachiel made this using two maps, one from the area they live and the other from Florida, where they love to vacation.  I wish I had a better photo, but if you are at all interested in a special purse, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Rachiel. 

Since Amy and Linn will have the wine, they also now have two very nice beach towels and a beach blanket. 
Money and Elephant mugs were part of the travel theme of this shower.  These will go well with the Keurig coffee maker my friend Carolyn gave her as a shower/wedding gift.  It was taken to the first shower, so no photo here. 
I had to add this one, see the little girl in the bottom right.  That's Haley, my great niece, she was very helpful throughout the shower.  Whenever "adult" gifts were opened, we'd have Haley turn around.  She was sooooo cute and had as much fun as we had watching her. 

The destination gift my niece and my great niece gave is in this photo.  Paula had to find a gift that represented the Galapagos Islands and Maddy needed to represent the Netherlands.  Can you say turtles and tulips....great idea.  The story that went along with the turtle was precious.  Paula was gifted the turtle from a neighbor who was moving and downsizing.  The turtle had been given to her as a wedding gift 57 years earlier.  What a great gift and a great story. 
The food was great, Deb did an excellent job hosting....The cake was wonderful, and I'm glad we didn't take home the remaining pieces, because I have no self control when it comes to cake. 

I guess I forgot to add a photo of my desk.  Keep in mind, it doesn't always look this bad, sometimes it is much worse!
And now for us bird lovers.  I've been gone a week and I couldn't believe how much the little ones have grown.  Mom and Dad are kept quite busy bringing food for them. 
And, here are two more photos of the kids.....
Off I go for now.  It's bill paying time....my favorite time of the month.  I guess I should be happy that I have the money to pay bills....but I'd rather use it for craft supplies, cause you know I have very few. 

I'm hoping to post more this week.  Saturday Paradise Scrapbook Boutique will be celebrating National Scrapbook Day.  I'll be there playing with all my craft friends. 

Have a great week and Hugs to all,
Mary AKA: Glitter Grammy

14 comments:

  1. 14 HOURS TO CHICAGO!! and you're still in America, boy you could have come and visited me LOL. I'll swap an ATC with you if you want, which reminds me I have to get cracking making them. Those babies are adorable and they will be too big for that nest soon, keep the photos or videos coming.
    hugs and love to you from Orrrstralia!!!
    Bridget #172

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridget, 4 hours to Chicago. 14 hours to Sydney. I need to make some ATC cards. Never made one before, should be interesting. Sure, I'll swap....

      Delete
  2. When are you next coming DOWNUNDER, we have to meet up. It will probably be the first International WOYWW meeting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was DownUnder in October....sorry I missed you. Your turn to come here :-)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous snippets card Mary - really elegant. so pleased you had a good time, super photos. And of course, a delight to see the birdy one and the video - oops, almost forgot.......and your desk! Welcome back :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing pics of my bridal shower. Looks like we had a good time, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time, and I know the others did too. Great food, great fun, great friends and great memories!

      Delete
  5. A gorgeous card Mary and a lovely post with fab photos. I am glad you had a good time and a safe journey :)


    Have a great WOYWW and a lovely week, Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First your card is super I love it fabulous colour.
    What fab photo's and that cake was gorgeous glad you all had a great time
    Those birds are getting bigger wow, great photo's that they let you get so close.
    As for your desk it looks a bit like mine ,stuff all over the place but I bet you know where it all is ,
    Have fun crafting Mary Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card GF! Love the deep purple! The pictures were fun to look at TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos Mary. It certainly looks like you all had a wonderful time at your daughter's shower.
    The paper you've been hoarding is beautiful. I love seeing photos of birds. These little ones certainly look hungry. lol
    Thanks for sharing all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab pictures. Looks like everyone had fun at the shower. And my! The baby birds are growing fast xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing card. Virtual to reality worked a treat. Hear there is a rave going on over in the playground. Hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Mary! Fab photos. I am glad you had a good time and a safe trip. I used to get lots done while flying home to Maui too now it seems to take ten times longer to get there. Humbug! Thanks for the video, love how Mom cleans the nest as soon as there is something 'deposited'.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!