Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Counting Down To Christmas - My Favorite Tag

It's hard to think of Christmas when the weather is warm, we in Northern California are experiencing a very warm early winter.  The rain we normally see this time of the year is traveling up an over us.  Christmas day is supposed to be sunny and warm.  I was humming "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" as I put up my tiny village....At least inside my home it's Christmas!

Shopping done, the gifts are wrapped, the house is decorated, the Christmas letter sent....now I need to think about baking.  Thankfully my friend Leesa gifted me with a Wonderful lemon poppy seed cake ( Weight Watcher points 7 per piece) and pumpkin bread.  I did make peanut brittle, but do need to make more and maybe if I get the lead out.....I'll make cookies.  When you are trying to watch what you eat, you tend to keep baking at a minimum. 


I spent hours on this little gift tag.  It started as a Graphic 45 Challenge, which I did not finish in time, so, I kept working on this little piece and I've got to say.....I like it.  The graphic is from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium Collection 8x8, the sleigh is a Spellbinder die that I don't use often, but love it when I do.  The little gift box that fell from the sleigh I made...Gotta say, I like it!  I cut the toys from the Graphic 45 paper and placed them in the sleigh along with tree branches and candy canes.  My intent was to make a tag that would be saved and used in later years as an ornament.

The girls are taking a break from Christmas prep and we're doing our morning walk.  Today Rosie, Carolyn's puppy is taking her virgin walk with the group.  Shasta, Marsha's dog, will be her mentor.  Shasta is the best behaved dog and we are hoping she will be a roll model for Rosie.  Mind you, my two aren't going.  They are not good roll models! 

I'm hoping to spend my evening with a cup of hot chocolate (or two)  and a visit to all the folks participating in the Stamping-Ground WOYWW.  There I always find  incredibly talented folks that play along every week.... if you have time....check them out here.

Off I go for now.  I don't think I'll be posting again before Christmas....so.....I'm wishing each and everyone a most blessed Christmas and a very, very Happy and Healthy New Year.

UPDATE:

A quick update.  We took photos of Rosie's first walk, like a proud Auntie, I just have to share them.  She was sooooo very good, and Shasta is a very good roll model.  I'm so glad the walk went well, it will make Carolyn's life much less stressful knowing her little girl had a good time. 


Meet Rosie and her mom, Carolyn.
Meet (From Left to Right):  Lynda, Me, Carolyn, Marsha and of course Shasta and Rosie
Rosie didn't wear her sweater on the walk, but this photo was too cute..... as is this one:
Off I go.....I just couldn't wait to post these photos. 

Later....Hugs to all,
Mary AKA:  Glitter Grammy

8 comments:

  1. Love your village - it would make me feel ready for Christmas too!
    Hope you hav a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas village, its beautiful and so festive, plus your tag is stunning, its gorgeous :)

    Have a great WOYWW and also have a very, very Happy Christmas, Karen xx (#66)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Mary. I love your little tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is fab and I adore the Christmas village. Rosie's sweater is soooo cute!! Have a brilliant Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely Christmas creations and Rosie is looking so festive! Thanks for sharing in such a busy week! Hope you have a very festive and wonderfully merry time - see you in 2012! Sarah at 11.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that tag--great vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING tag I love it, The christmas village's are beautiful so festive, little Rosie looking very cute in her new sweater, A lovely festive post thank you for sharing, Merry Christmas, Hugs May x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh....love the dogs! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!