Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Alex

I'm going to a birthday party for a little boy named Alex. His grand mom is my neighbor, swimming, walking, dieting buddy and all around friend. I've yet to meet Alex, and I'm really not sure what he'd like as a gift, so, when all else fails....money always works. I like the finished card, but getting there was quite the hair puller. My friend, Brenda and I always laugh when we say we are going to put a quick card together and it turns into the card from hell...

In general the card was pretty easy, note I said in general. I know that the Tim Holtz Paper Rosette can be a challenge. So, I put tape on the back side and cut. It worked....Ok, it worked for awhile...Then I glued, using Ultimate Glue and waited for it to dry...so far so good......now I began doing the push in from the bottom, while pushing out the top....you got it....the divisions started to tear and my blood pressure began rising.....So, I tried something new. I used my Xyron to adhere two pieces of card stock together. This is working......then I buttered the two ends using the Ultimate glue....and instead of doing the pushing in and pushing out, I laid the accordion folded piece flat and formed the circle. I clipped the edges together and waited for them to dry.....guess what....it worked. I stuck a circle to the top side, and one to the bottom side and YIPPEE....it stayed together. I made the tag using the Memory Maker tag maker...I don't use it often, but it's one of those things you just don't want to get rid of, cause it always comes in handy. I don't like just putting money inside of the cards. I like hiding it a bit. So, the Spellbinder label makes the perfect spot to tuck the money. This card could be for a little boy or for a big boy. I'm glad I struggled through this one. I think the finished project is very nice. The Fancy Pants Pipeline DP was the perfect card stock. I'm pleased and ....I'm off to a party.....

Have a great day and the best week ever.

Mary AKA: Glitter Grammy

1 comment:

  1. The finished product is very nice and I'm sure Alex will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!