Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birthday Boy

A little history on this card. My honey and I have a birthday party to go to, and pretty much everyone knows how I hate making cards for men and boys....well guess what, it's a boy and he is one that always teases both of us. (I'm being vague because it's a surprise party...so... shhhh.
When I finished the card, I looked at my work space and thought about the tennis ball on my desk. I have to tell you, when I'm making cards, my Doxie is always bringing me balls to throw. Ya, I know, you shouldn't throw balls in the house, but I have to, or I'll never get a card made. So, I normally have anywhere from 1 to 6 balls scattered across the workspace. Here's the little out fielder.
and this is after a busy day of card making and ball playing.....

This card was inspired by Julia. It's a just do it, because it's fun. And because I had need for a card, it was fun to think about the receiver (still secretive) while I made it. I doubt he ever checks my blog page, but just in case! Check out Julia's blog and please leave a comment for her. We all like to know someone out there is looking :-)
Have a great week,
Mary



4 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing and your dog is just as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a great card Mary, how wonderful of you to take the Just Do It thingy and well, do it! It works! I checked out your desk last week and saw no balls....how funny our babies are. Whenever I was on the phone, my (then) young daughter used to go for my attention by trying to get in the kitchen knife drawer...throwing a ball seems safer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary

    Thanks for calling by my blog and for your lovely comment. Great card here and Doxie is soooo cute :) I'm a Virgo too BTW!! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I see why you have the tennis balls. What a great picture of the dog and the ball. We have two dogs and I just love them to bits. One of them loves to fetch and keeps us all very busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!