Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's My Day To Play

Today is my day to play and play I shall! I was inspired to make the card on the right, by the Paper Pal Arts color challenge. I liked my little scarecrow so much, I decided to make him again. I'm a proud member of Silver Stampers, a group of folks that enjoy making cards. One of the challenges is to make cards that are flat enough to only need one 44 cent stamp. The card on the right will require extra postage. The card on the left is flat, flat, flat! Yippee! I like it and will be able to afford to send of few of these cards.
It's kind of funny where inspiration comes from. Today I was following a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and found a great way to use a tool that's been gathering dust for sometime...the crimper. I didn't use the method on this card, but I did try it, and then decided to use the crimper on my scarecrow card. Prior to crimping, I ran the card stock through my Spellbinder die and then I crimped....dimension without adding too much height.... I love buttons, but buttons add postage, so....I made buttons using card stock and my Stampin-Up button die.
Tuesday is our SOS get-together at Paradise Scrapbook Boutique. I'm excited to see all the new things she's brought into the shop over the weekend. Check out Karen's blog page next week, I'm sure you'll be excited to see what's new. My class is a week from Tuesday. There are only 2 spots remaining. If you want to sign up I'd call Karen on Tuesday to let her know.
Off I go, after all, today is my play day, I think I'll make some kits so I'll be ready to be productive on Tuesday. Happy stampin and craftin!

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are amazing... love those buttons, now I NEEEED that die!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!