Friday, February 19, 2010

Patti's Birthday Card

FINALLY! I made this card a week ago, but had to keep it under wraps until tonight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTI!!!! WHAHOO! This card was so much fun to create. Sometimes you see a card stock and you instantly love it. You aren't sure how you're going to use it, but you know that even if you hold it dear for years, one day you will find the perfect reason to make a cut and see the card stock come alive. That's the exact feeling I had when I saw this collection of papers. When I purchased the Pastiche Collection - Vintage Garden, I thought what a great album. A birthday card wasn't even in my thinking.

I sat down to think about Patti's card and I had several papers laying on my desk. The Vintage Garden wasn't one of them. The Vintage Garden card stock was laying by my computer. I was not feeling any of the card stocks I'd chosen move me. I got up to take a break. I turned on my laptop and as it was coming on line, I looked down and the oval on the page struck me. I could see Patti's name written in the oval. I cleared off all the other papers and made the first cut.... For the sentiment I used Print Shop 23. The border is the Martha Stewart double loop. I cut it on pink card stock, but when I put the sentiment piece on top it was too dull. Chalking helped, as did the Sakura glitter pen.....adding the Crystallized Swarovski Elements added more glitz, but still not enough. I had an idea to spray the border with Sprayment and cover it with Art Institute Pink Azalea Transparent glitter. I was happy. I added a gold dragon fly and the card was finished.

Patti....Happy Birthday, I wish you many, many more and now you know the rest of the story!


1 comment:

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!